Enjoy this dish, a Maya suggestion, and great way to prepare chard.
See the whole recipe HERE
“This dish is cheap, very low in calories, very rich in nutrients, and quite hearty, you can replace all or part of the chard for beets leaves and stems”
- Any kind of Chard leaves or beet greens, 20 cup, chopped
- Onions, raw, 3 cup, chopped
- Carrots, raw, 2 cup, grated
- TVP (soy meat), 1 cup
- Garlic, 8 cloves minced
- Soybean Oil, 4 tbsp
- bouillon cubes or granules, chicken or beef dry, 4 teaspoon or cubes
- Pepper, black, 1 tbsp
- Garlic powder, 1 tbsp
2. Chop everything and reserve.
3. Put the chard and/or beet to cook with 1 cup of water for 10 minutes in high fire.
4. put a deep pan or pot to warm in the fire, add the oil, once is hot but before it smokes, add the chopped garlic and onion, mix frequently til is half cooked, then add the carrots and spices.
5. Cook for 5 minutes or so for let the flavors mingle while mixing frequently, add the hydrated TVP, cook some more and adjust the flavor with more bouillon, it should be a bit salty.
6. Add the pre-cooked chard and mix all well over the fire til it warms, taste and adjust your spicing to taste.
Number of Servings: 10